Search This Blog

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Boy Names...

I couldn't get back to sleep last night, so I laid awake and started thinking of more boy names for the potential (inevitable, really) additional boys I'll probably have.
I think what got me started thinking about it was that one of Tom's co-workers had her baby yesterday (a boy, they hadn't found out the sex), and as of seven hours after his birth, he still had no name. Just "Baby Boy B." C'mon, that's just a little bit sad. I imagine myself ending up in the same position though... my list of girl names is a mile long but I used up the only boy name I ever really liked a lot.

I seem to lean toward names that are traditional "all-boy" type names, but are sort of soft-sounding. (I've noticed they also tend to be biblical) Here's what I came up with last night.

- Michael
- Aaron
- Joseph
- David
- Brendan
- Alex
- William
- Joshua
- Timothy (I like "Timmy" for a little boy)
- Jonathan

on the less-traditional side (most of which were already nixed by Tom before we even got married)
- Liam
- Camden
- Colin
- Sebastian

The middle name will probably be something from the family -- not my side since the pickins are pretty slim unless "Ellsworth" or "Cornelius" come back into fashion. Tom's got a few nice "middle-sounding" names floating around on his side though, "Louis, Davis, Douglas, Barnett... the list goes on.

Oh how I love my girl's names though... I could have 12 girls and still not be out of names. :: sigh :: Does anyone want me to name their child? I'll do it, no charge. ;)

Speaking of 12 children, did anyone catch "14 Children and Pregnant Again" the other night on Discovery Health? Holy cow. This woman and her husband decided after their first child that they would "let God decide how many children they'd be blessed with." Oy. They've pretty much been "blessed" every year since (and with two sets of twins, no less). I will say... even if I didn't believe in birth control and I was going to let God decide... I'd probably use some common sense a few times a month -- try and keep the clan under the double digits, ya know?

Oops, the boy is awake... gotta run!

No comments: