The grocery store is truly a neverending source of amusement. Never once do I just go in, get what I need and NOT leave with a story. Today I have three...
1) Awhile back, I lost my little card thingy that hangs on my keys. You know, the one that gets you all the good discounts? I finally managed to find an old receipt so they could transfer all my "rewards" and whatnot over to the new number. The woman at customer service hands me my new card and $20. "Huh?" I said, ever so eloquently. Apparently my grocery store has a baby club and I've earned $100 some-odd dollars. I just figured you eventually got a gift card or something, never really paid attention to it. Well apparently, they just hand you cash now and then. The $20 was part what wouldn't transfer over to the new card. Interesting.
2) Old people stalk me when I have Ben at the store with me. This one couple in particular today followed me all over the store. One time I actually JUMPED because I turned around and the man was right over my shoulder talking to Ben. The best part though was when I was checking out (they were in the same lane) and the man says to me, "Your baby's hungry!" (Ben wasn't fussing, drooling or eating his fingers.... ) Ummmm... what the heck are you talking about!? I beg to differ sir, but no he's not. People are so weird.
3) The cashier said so me, "Is he yours?" (referring to Ben of course). I said yes and she gave me that look that a lot of people give me when they realize have a baby. Took me a minute to realize what she was thinking then it dawned on me. I quickly add, "I'm 27." "OH!" she says, with total shock and horror. "I thought you were 16! Has anyone ever told you you look REALLY young?!"
No, lady, never in my life have I had that happen... of COURSE I've heard that before... everywhere I go. I get carded at the freakin' movies. When I was pregnant, people looked at me like, "Oh that poor, poor, irresponsible, knocked-up teenager." Sheesh... she continued staring at me while she scanned my stuff.
I really need to start wearing makeup.... seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment