Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Fertile Myrtle...

A friend of mine, whose baby is a week older than Ben, calls yesterday --

Friend: Hiii...
Me: Hey, what's wrong?
Friend: I've just been feeling like crap lately...
Me: Aww... like how?
Friend: Tired, pukey, I've got this pain in my right side...
Me: (with my tired joke that all of my friends with babies hear from me) You're not pregnant again, are you?
Friend: Well, actually, I went to the doctor today and she thinks I might be... blood test and sonogram on Friday... it's either that or I have a cyst.
Me: (attempting to be reassuring) Well, come on, how possible is it that you're ACTUALLY pregnant?
Friend: Very. Considering I haven't been on any birth control in two months.

Sound Effect: RECORD SCRATCHING

(unspoken, internal monologue)
WHAT?!!!! Well DUH! Yeah, you probably ARE pregnant then! Do we need to discuss how babies are made? You DID just have one six months ago...

I then asked her if she couldn't just take a home pregnancy test and she said she didn't want to know. Honey, it's not like the result of the little pee test is going to change the outcome... you're either pregnant or you're not. Go find out. Sheesh.

She had a c-section the last time around too, so this could actually be a dangerous situation. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to wait at LEAST a year to get pregnant again if you've had a c-section.

She finds out Friday. But seriously, what the heck? I talk about wanting to be pregnant again soon, but my six-month-old is enough to keep that in check for at least a little while longer. Life is HARD right now!

Anyway, this should be interesting... we shall see!

No comments: