My (probably) last ever preschool conference was this morning. Not much to report. I was happy to learn that Jonathan's defiant streak is saved for home… that was my biggest concern. He is doing well and doing everything he is supposed to be doing. His teacher said she almost always recommends holding kids with birthdays as late as Jonathan's, but in this case, she can't see any reason why he shouldn't go on to kindergarten next year. To be honest, we're still undecided, but leaning that way and it helps that two of the people whose opinion on that topic matter the most (his preschool teacher and his early intervention teacher) think it's the best move. I may hold a spot in the older 4s class at the preschool for him just in case we get to August and feel differently. Options are always nice.
He does hate to sit and try to write, (although his teacher gets more out of him than I do!) which I'm keeping an eye on. But Ben was the same way and once he started kindergarten, he turned the corner on this. Since we have Simon also who hated writing in preschool but who didn't really pick it up in kindergarten easily, it's just something to watch. We have OT already in place though should he end up needing it. My gut says he won't…. but again, options are nice!
Decisions decisions…. but what will be will be and I know we'll end up making the right call in the end.
In the meantime, enjoying the last round of preschool and loving every minute! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment