We had a nice weekend. Lots of laying around and movie watching. Church yesterday and then Tom watched a bunch of football. Yay! Do the thing, win the points! I will sort of miss football season when it's over. I get a lot done while Tom is occupied with it! ;)
The whole break was SO nice.
I didn't realize how exhausted I was from all the school running around/lunch packing. Truthfully, I am not tired of the break yet and could use another 2-3 days. LOL. I am actually sort of rooting for one really good snow day soon. Two reasons.... it would be cozy and fun. Second, I bought Tom a snow blower for Christmas and it would be nice to be able to try it out. I told him last night that the entire state can thank me if we don't get any snow this winter (which they kept saying was going to be snow snow snow!!!) I bought Ben new snow boots and Tom a snow blower. You're welcome, Maryland.
BUT.... anyway.... today, it's back to the routine and the taxi-driving. I am sitting here enjoying my few quiet moments before I have to start packing the lunches. Of course, today is a three-lunch day... the lunch routine could not have eased me in a little more gently? Ben has to be out the door in two hours, back home for 30 minutes then back out the door for Simon and then Jonathan.
And so it goes.
The cello teacher decided also that today would be a good day for a make-up lesson since the kids didn't get one last week. I would have been quite happy not to do that. Now poor Simon has to stay at school an extra hour. Toying with the idea of letting him miss it. I'm less concerned about a missed lesson and more concerned about getting him back into the homework routine.
At some point today I need to get the frames to Jonathan's glasses down to the glasses place. He lost a lens the day after Christmas and we gave up looking for it after two days and we think he probably lost it outside. :( (argh!!!) Had to order two new ones. (it was slightly cheaper than ordering just the missing one and the other one was pretty scratched anyway)
Off to pack lunches and see what the day brings. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment