Search This Blog

Thursday, January 08, 2015

Late Again....

Another delay today. Makes for such a short day! Jonathan and I went to the store and then really didn't have time for much else beyond lunch and a little playtime before it was time to get Ben and Simon.

He painted some pictures, I tricked him into writing a little bit, we made a paper airplane and a map. Then he asked me to make him an EliteBook (laptop tablet thing that the county schools all have now) out of paper. I worked on that sucker for 45 minutes. The end result did not please him.  LOL. So we moved on to playing with the snowblower box and making beds.

Off to get Ben. Off to get Simon. Annnnnd that was basically my day.

I bought ingredients for dinner, but now have a case of the "screw-its" and we're having leftover pizza and leftover tacos. I'll cook tomorrow night instead. I have to help Ben study for a vocabulary test and help Simon study for a spelling test. I just don't have time to clean and cut asparagus right now. LOL.

Also? It's cold. Like REALLY cold.


This was our cat lounging all person-like in his sunny spot this morning... LOL. 


And here's what Simon did before school. He jerry-rigged a laser from a board game he got for Christmas onto a laser tag gun to make himself a sight. (is that what those things are called? I don't even know...) It worked perfectly! But then he kept coming back and tweaking it to add features. I love when he gets involved in these little projects... it's when I can really see how his brain works.... he's definitely a builder/inventor/engineer type. I want to sign him up for Camp Invention this summer because I think he would love it. We need a friend though. Any takers?

2 comments:

K said...

I might do Invention this summer with A. Depends on what week it is!

Erin said...

The only local one listed right now is at SJA and is the last week of July... which actually works perfectly. I suspect though that if JES runs one, as they usually do, more of their friends would at that one.... so going to wait and see.