Well, me made it to the bookstore just in time to see Froggy exiting stage right. Ben pulled a few books off the shelf, made some noise and showed Mandy that I really am not exaggerating when I say my kid is non-stop busy.
After that, I took him over to the cafe and got myself a mocha. (btw, Mandy, they REALLY shouldn't let the bookstore people work in the cafe, they don't know how to make coffee) Benjamin had his sippy cup and a Nutrigrain bar and we people watched for awhile. He was actually relatively docile for a change. A grandfather at the table next to us asked me how old Benjamin was and said his daughter had a six-week old. Apparently, she is discovering what life with no sleep is like (and complaining about it, rightly so). I told him Ben just started sleeping through the night not too long ago. He said he wasn't going to share that information with her, it might send her over the edge. I hear ya, buddy! No one should have to know in advance just how bad the bad mommy days can be... it's just not nice! It helps you cope better if you are totally ignorant.
Now I'm sitting here waiting for the window lady to get here. I hope she doesn't need to get out on the deck, because even after removing the doorknob, I still can't open the door. :~*~
No comments:
Post a Comment