Actually, in our case, it's not so much of a battle, which is weird. I keep hearing and reading about how hard it can be to wean your kid from the bottle (or breast, actually). Benjamin couldn't really care less about the bottle. Or the cup. Or food at all for that matter. I'm frankly astounded that he's growing at ALL. We offer him any of the above and he's like, "Food? Who's hungry? Not me... oh fine, if you insist... I'll humor with you three sips/bites then will you leave me alone? I have WAY better things to do."
"They" also say that the bedtime feeding is the hardest to get rid of. "They" may be right, but not for the same reasons I'm thinking it will be the hardest. I'm 100% sure that Benjamin would go right to sleep without the bottle. I can be so confident of this because that's how we get those last five ounces into him every night. We put him in his crib, he falls asleep, Tom gets him out and pops the bottle in his mouth and in five seconds, he drains it.
I know this sounds horrible... why would any sane parent get a perfectly wonderful sleeping baby out of the crib to make him eat? Well, in our case, it's because we're BARELY getting him to eat 13-15 ounces a day and he's supposed to still be getting 20-24! However, once his first birthday comes, all bets are off. The formula fairy is going away (and leaving us in the poorhouse), so we won't be giving him a bedtime bottle. What we're wondering is if he'll wake up hungry. (I can't get him to eat much for dinner at ALL). We could ditch the bedtime bottle NOW but I don't feel like finding out if he's going to wake up in the middle of the night just yet... I would like a few more months of good sleep please.
Sorry if this is so rambly... I'm kind of just thinking outloud. How are the rest of you doing with the bottle battle? (Those of you to whom it applies right now...)
Also, does anyone else have a bad eater?
No comments:
Post a Comment