Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2004

On Hold...

I have been on hold with Sears for 20 minutes now trying to find out what happened to my rebate check for the dishwasher. The recording comes on every freakin' minute and a half to tell me all operators are busy. Blah blah blah...

So while I'm stuck here, I'll blog...

What are you doing for New Year's Eve? I know a lot of you are in the same position as us and have a small child. So are you staying up until midnight... going anywhere? We were just going to stay home and maybe order a pizza or something, but my friend Jencalled and invited us over for a "We Have Small Children So We Can't Lose That Much Sleep" New Year's Eve get-together. Genius! Hee hee... we're going over in the late afternoon and coming home around Ben's and Ryan's bedtimes. ;) It's an event that will undoubtedly get my 2005 photo collection off to an abundant start.

Let's see... what else. OH! I went out with my friends Lynne and Erin last night. Before I left I made Tom some Hamburger Helper and made up the baby's bedtime bottle... I felt so responsible mommy-wifey like. Leaving the house at 7:00 was REALLY weird. I haven't done that in ages. It was dark and it felt like I should be getting ready for bed. I'm pathetic, I know.

Anyway, so we met up for dinner and HOLY cow I had no idea there were so many people out at night. Families, children, babies! Everywhere! I even had to stalk someone to find a place to park! I had NO idea there was so much going on after 7p.m. HA!

We had a yummy dinner and caught up on the last three and a half years. No one has really changed. I've been warned not to post any pictures here, so I can't share... but a good time was had by all.

I didn't think about Ben through most of dinner... but when I got in my car to leave, I couldn't get home quickly enough. Of course I didn't miss a single red light on the way. Everything at home was quiet. Ben got a bath and went to bed for dada with no problem and was sound asleep with froggy and binky when I checked on him.

I REALLY need to go out more often... ;)

No comments: