Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

A Duh...

The power has been out here all afternoon thanks to some freak zillion mile an hour winds. Seriously, I think I just saw a cow fly by my window.

Anyway, I had been playing with the boy in the living room and only noticed the power was out because he laid down for his nap and I tried to plug in my laptop into to two different outlets. It kept telling me the the battery was still dead and needed to be plugged in. Once I figured out what was going on, I thought to myself, "Self... this is nice! Let's just go downstairs and get the ELECTRIC heater and settle in with a book and nice cup of tea."

Um. Yeah. I got as far as putting the mug of water in the microwave.

But wait, it gets better. I realized my stupidity and then promptly thought to myself:
"Okay self, you are dumb. Let's just get the quilt and get comfy on the sofa here and watch some trashy daytime tv."

Boy oh boy. I can't believe I am allowed out in public alone.

No comments: