Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2004

Class Participation Time...

Okay, I'd love to vent about some bad gifts I saw get passed around over the last few days. But, well, everyone and their brother who knows me reads my blog. And those who don't, get filled in by people who do. SO... I need to experience the ranting vicariously.

First, some background on my position here. I have always been in favor of less gifting and more spending time together. I think this especially applies when neither party in the exchange particularly knows what to get for the other and/or they don't care about it and don't put anything thought into the gift anyway. This results in a whole lotta CRAP getting passed around. Crap people don't need. Crap that's obviously CRAP... just crap crap crap. I HATE that. If you are going to just go out and buy the first thing you see, give an obvious regift,or give something that is SO inappropriate it's just insulting... etc... don't bother. Ya know? I don't need more crap and you don't want to spend the money anyway. So let's all just bake cookies for each other and call it Christmas...

What I want to know from you all (since I can't rant any of MY specifics)... is this:

What crap/thoughtless/regift gift(s) did you receive and from whom? I'm not talking about the gift card you got from your coworker. Those gifts aren't really intended to have much thought behind them. I'm talking bad gifts from family, friends... people who should really know better. (or should at least get you a freakin' gift card if they don't)

Talk amongst yourselves, comment, rant... go to town. :)

No comments: