I made a new cake this afternoon... this time with only one cup of butter. It's amazing how when you use one cup and not three cups that the cake batter actually FITS in the pan. Heh.
To make this cake, I had to first create makeshift blockades to keep Ben in the kitchen with me. Blocked the doorway with chairs, blocked the trashcan with a heavy toy. This also served to keep him away from the electrical outlet that powers the dustbuster and the three candles I have in the window right now. Then I had to give in and let him ransack the newly babyproofed kitchen while I mixed up the cake. Boy did he have himself some serious crazy baby fun. Opened and emptied all drawers within reach. Moved around all the refrigerator magnets. Hid under the table and did some daredevil, sock feet, hardwood floor walking.
Cake is now in the oven. Whew. It took me an extra half hour to clean up the Ben mess in the kitchen.
If anyone wants the three cups of butter cake, let me know. I'll ship it to you. But keep in mind it weighs about 48 pounds, so the shipping charges might be pricey. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment