Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Grand Experiment...

Benjamin's sleeping is slowly improving, it's just not always consistent. So I've been experimenting with some of the variables that may or may not affect how well he sleeps at night. I'm obviously not very good at this whole scientific method business and probably need some help from Christina, the evil genius mad scientist up at MIT. He slept great last night (the kind of sleep where I had to get up and check if he was breathing or not) But the problem is, I tinkered with more than one variable. So now I don't know which, if any, made the difference. Drat drat and double drat.

Variable #1: Room Temperature - I noticed his vent was closed yesterday, so I opened it and it made his room MUCH warmer... maybe he's just been cold? (which might explain why he falls right to sleep when we stick him in our cozy, warm bed.

Variable #2: Daytime napping total - Yesterday, he just took the one nap from around noon - 1:30 and was up the rest of the day.

Variable #3: Humidity - The air in our house gets REALLY dry with the heat on, so I ran a humidifier in his room for a few hours last night.

So which was it? I have no idea, but be assured that the experimenting will continue here at BGLabs, Inc.

No comments: