Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

School Hiccup....

Jonathan's teacher sprained her ankle in she joked was her "first old lady fall". It was really bad and so she was out Friday. Against my better judgement, I took Jonathan in anyway. He freaked. Sigh. I left him, figuring there were enough familiar people that it would be okay. Nope. Had to go get him at 11:00 or so. He did kinda okay for part of the morning and then just lost it.

His regular teacher sent out an email later that said she would also be out Monday. I wrote and told her Friday was a disaster and I was worried both taking him that day and having picked him up early had set us back weeks and I'd ruined everything. She told me to just pretend Monday wasn't a school day. I HATE keeping the kids out of school when they aren't sick and disrupting routines, but it did seem necessary. I think another day with a sub would have really been detrimental right now.

I was actually prepared to keep him out the whole week, as it was sounding like the teacher's foot situation was not getting better very quickly. Pleasantly surprised when an email came on Tuesday that said she'd be back Wednesday! WAHOO!

He cried allllllll the way into school. I carried him into the classroom and he had to be pried off of me. It took an extra minute or two for me to extract my sweater sleeve from three fingers of his right hand, but I made my swift exit after that. I half expected a call.... but got a text from Beth that he was calm about ten minutes later! Went about my morning and no phone call!  SO maybe I didn't totally ruin everything!

He was happy when I picked him up too! :)

:)  Man, this kid is making preschool tough. Dreading the return to school after Christmas break with this one already!!!

No comments: