Search This Blog

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Here!

LONG week.

Simon didn't go to school all week because he has had an absolutely awful cold. He's finally feeling better, but now the baby is getting it and I'm pretty sure I'm right behind him. Ben seems to have been spared, so far. (as has Tom, but that's not a surprise because he has a superhuman immune system)

As a result of Simon being sick, we hardly left the house all week except for school dropoffs and pickups and a couple grocery store runs. I am going completely stir crazy. So sickness or not, we really must find something interesting to do today.

I've also been distracted because I have been in manic non-blog/Facebook writing mode. I've made myself a goal and I've been pretty inspired lately. It has been nice to get back to long-form writing. It has been a long time when I have really sat down for hours at a time and chiseled something out of a massive bock of spewed words. This is basically my "process", as I have come to realize. I spew a mass of ideas. I go back. I chisel out the important details then go back over them a hundred more times, buffing and polishing them until they shine. I'm curious if that is just me or not of if that's how others write too? Anyway, so I have about 5-6 works in progress. I'll share them eventually... but for now, I am just enjoying the process. I didn't even realize how much I had missed it and how much I need it.

Ben brought home a stellar report card on Thursday. I was truly shocked that every single grade from the previous report card that was anything below the highest mark had gone UP, it was pretty close to perfect! Not only that, his teacher wrote glowing comments that surprised the heck out of me. This year is turning out okay after all... and his work habits, his handwriting and his overall effort have improved substantially since the beginning of the year. Happy. :)

Anyway, so that's what's up... I have some pictures to post too... maybe later today. Happy weekend!

No comments: