Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

When it Rains, It Pours....

Did I mention Jonathan has a double ear infection? So, there's that.

Simon had an awful week trying to get readjusted to school after missing all of last week. They sent him home Tuesday saying he was still sick. I told them he played them. They kind of agreed with me once he had calmed down enough to stop making his nose run all over the place. At that point though, I was already there and had screwed up Jonathan's nap to be there, so I just cut our losses and took him. We went back on Thursday and he tried his best to do it again, faking a cough and throwing a ridiculous screaming fit. Thankfully, they didn't buy it this time and he stayed all day and was fine when I picked him up. Grr...

Ben had stayed healthy, somehow... until this morning when I got him up for school and he said his ear hurt. How he managed to acquire an ear infection, I have no clue, but off to the doctor's we go again at 11:15. I'm having them check Simon too while we're there because I am simply NOT going back three times in one week. And of course, with the appointment being at 11:15, there's no way Ben's making it to school today because by the time I get his medicine and whatnot, it will be nearly 1:00. What's the point? I HATE to let him stay home unless he has a fever or is puking because everytime I give the kid an inch on the school thing, he tries to take advantage of it for WEEKS after, attempting to convince me he's sick with this or that.

Oh, and I left Jonathan's antibiotic out all night. Thought I was going to have to deal with that too but when I called the pharmacy, they told me it's okay to leave amoxicillin unrefrigerated for 24 hours or so. GOOD to know!!! Whew. One bullet dodged, anyway.

Hopefully, the weekend holds only healthy, happy things... so tired of sickness!


3 comments:

Periwinkle Jen said...

Sorry your family is sick:-( It has been a similar story here. I feel like at least one of us has been sick since January started.

K said...

They told me when my two were on Amox, that it was fine to never refrigerate it. But it tasted better in the fridge. So that's that.

Periwinkle Jen said...

My Pharmacist told me the same thing about Lily's Amoxicillin that K's told her.