Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Pitiful...

Over the weekend, it became apparent that Ben's constant sniffling was not just his allergies as it usually is. Yep. He definitely has a cold. Probably the one he somehow avoided when the other two had it. It seems pretty mild, but he was having a hard time breathing so found it hard to fall asleep last night. He seemed mostly okay this morning, so I got him ready for school and gave him a dose of cold medicine. (thank GOODNESS he is old enough for it!!)

We got in the car for school and he didn't once ask to stay home or anything... but I looked in the rearview mirror and he looked completely out of it and half asleep in the backseat. So I turned the car around and sent him up to lay down for a little while while Jonathan takes his morning nap. He didn't complain, which made me realize I probably made the right call.

I may end up taking him late... not sure yet. I just checked on him and he ACTUALLY fell asleep... which is pretty rare for him during the day... so we'll see what the rest of the day brings.

Poor buddy... :(

Update: I took him to school halfway through lunch. He was happy to go and was just a little sniffly when I dropped him off. I'm glad he didn't need to miss the whole day because the amount of makeup work when he misses a day brings us both to tears!!!

No comments: