At any rate, we finally got on it and Simon started a six-week program with two of his little preschool friends. The first week, he spent 20 minutes crying and 10 minutes in the water. This week, he resisted and cried some, but I basically just tossed him to the teacher and all went well after that. He isn't letting go of her yet, but he is learning to kick and blow bubbles.
I'm hopeful that by the end of the six weeks, he can at least swim to the side. Either way, we are just going to keep going with the lessons, starting another session right after this one is over. And next time around, we're doing Saturdays so Ben can join in too. He is LESS THAN THRILLED, but I really don't care. With a daredevil toddler to save from drowning all summer at the pool, I need to know that my older ones, can, at the very least, swim to the side if they fall into the deep end. I don't anticipate that happening and there are tons of life guards, but better safe than sorry.
Today's bit of Simon humor came from his swimming lesson. On the way home, I asked him if he thought Ben was going to like swimming lessons.
"OH yes! You get to hold onto a girl the WHOLE time!!"
"Is that your favorite part?!"
"YES!!!"
Wow. Now I have to wonder if he'll ever show her he can swim on his own or if he'll just pretend he can't stay up just so he gets to hold into her some more. LOL!!
No comments:
Post a Comment