Dear Simon,
Today you are 28 months old.
This is the month you started enjoying a little "only child" time since Ben is now gone for seven hours a day. I was worried you'd be a little lost or upset. Turns out, I didn't need to worry. You settled into your only child role just fine.
You are much more easy going and agreeable when it's just you. You answer me with, "Okay, mommy." and just generally hang close to me all day long. We've done a lot of playing and reading and drawing that was harder to engage you in when you had big brother around to play. I have really been enjoying having this special time with you every day.
You have also become SUPER chatty. You talk nonstop from the time Ben gets on the bus until he comes home. If I get on the phone, you get closer and you talk LOUDER. It's wall-to-wall Simon talk the entire day. I'm not sure having just you home is any QUIETER than when it was you and Ben here together!
You visited your preschool yesterday and had a blast. I can't wait to watch you really get going there. What I'm NOT looking forward to is the policing I am going to have to do because you are the child who thinks nothing of just taking something out of another child's hands. You have also started pushing and hitting lately in those circumstances and we are struggling with that. You are really sweet and affectionate most of the time, but you seem to lose control of your hands when you get angry... so yeah, this needs work.
You are still napping (except today, sigh) thank goodness!
Not much else has changed this month... you are still into all the same things, namely sports and balls. It's too bad you still have two years until you can join any teams. ;)
That's 28 months, buddy... next month, we get to see how you REALLY like school! :)
Love,
Mommy
Month 29 Side-by-side
No comments:
Post a Comment