Are getting the H1N1 flu shot for your kids?
For yourself?
Talk to me... I'm all confused on this topic. After a very little bit of research last night, I'm leaning toward getting it for all of us... but I have heard conflicting things from what other peoples' doctors have told them about whether or not to get it! Which reminds me, I need to go track down a REGULAR flu shot today because they say if you are thinking about getting the other one, you should get the other one at least a few weeks before.
ETA: Talked to the pediatrician this morning and the kids will be getting their regular flu shot in a couple weeks. She said they really know very little about what will happen with the H1N1 vaccine... they MAY be getting a supply soon, but no idea when. So I guess, like Erika, we'll be playing the waiting game. Simon, with his asthma, I'm sure will secure one if they get them and we decide he'll get it...
As for myself, I think I'm in wait and see mode too. I'm currently NOT in any high-risk category, if you catch my drift, so if there's a shortage, the decision to get it or not get it will likely be made for me, I guess. In the meantime, I will get the regular flu shot, like every year.
No comments:
Post a Comment