Nothing like spending ANOTHER day out of my life trying to deal with yet another issue with my P.O.S. VW Jetta.
This time? It's the bumper. Here's the problem. The front end of this car sits SO low that if you pull up too close to a curb (by "too close" I mean, all the way into the parking space so your back end isn't hanging out, the way you'd normally park) it grabs on and won't let go.
Then, when you go to back away from said curb, the car goes, the bumper stays.
This has happened enough times now that it finally needs to be repaired. And guess who won't touch it, despite admitting that "Oh yeah, it's a common problem with that car"? The Volkswagen dealers!!! Wahoo!
So I had to run it over to a body shop this morning to get an estimate on having them reattach the left side of my bumper, which is currently flapping in the wind. $115 I have to pay these people. And now? I have to take it BACK over to the body shop after Ben's nap and Tom has to leave work to come pick us up and take us home. And THEN, I get to spend two days in the house cooped with a toddler who does his best to find ways to hurt himself and could need to be rushed to the ER at any moment. Seriously.
I HATE THIS CAR.
Countdown till I get rid of it? Max - five months Min - two weeks. We're working on it. We wanted to avoid having two car payments but this is just getting ridiculous.
Soccer mom minivan, here I come.
No comments:
Post a Comment