Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Benjamin is 20 Months Old!! (plus 2 days) ;)

Ben turned 20 months old on Thanksgiving. We weren't at home so I couldn't do my official chair picture. I have a note to myself to do it later today now that we're home. I figured I could at least add my monthly update though...

As usual, I can report that he is a BUSY BUSY BUSY little boy. He is a runner and climber. He has a ball at Gymboree and it's a great outlet for all this energy.

He's gotten less picky about what he'll eat and most days, eats at least SOME of what we're having. I still pull out the occasional stage 2 veggie when he won't touch whatever vegetable I've made. So sue me.

New words! We have new words!
Wow-wow - means, "round and round" which is his word for ceiling fans.
Piano - only grandmom and daddy have heard this one, but they swear up and down he said it
Pee pee - means exactly what it sounds like. No need to get all excited about any impending potty training though. He only says it when I'm changing his diaper and I say, "ew... pee pee"
He signs the word "please" pretty regularly now and the word "sing" which he just learned from a Sesame Street video. :D
We're trying to teach him the sign for "help" right now, thinking that may ease a little frustration. He gets SO upset when he can't quite do something he's trying to do...

He can draw a circle... but usually loses interest after 3 seconds.

He marches to music. (and really well!)

He is a little STINKER and is really going to be quite the challenge as he gets older. (as if he's not one now) He has an iron will AND a bit of a trouble maker streak. He also loves to be "a little scared" which leads to some interesting, risk-taking activities that scare me to death. (yes, already)

Official picture later... happy 20 months Benjamin! Only four months until... dun dun DUN... TWO. Gah.

No comments: