Now, let me just say, he seems very nice. Ben likes him and all. Apparently, he is "fun", as male elementary school teachers tend to be. Fun, fun, lots of FUN! But man, they are uncommunicative and unorganized!! Yes, admittedly, this is a stereotype, but one I have yet to see defied.
He doesn't answer emails… EVER. I have given up on that.
He forgets to put homework in the kids' mailboxes, so Ben will freak out thinking he doesn't have the homework and it will turn out the next day to have just been the teacher's fault. (we've actually just started assuming this when he doesn't have his math, grammar, or science homework) He also loses the kids' work. Ben has had a couple assignments marked "missing" on Engrade that he definitely turned in. Then? Then there is this -- see all the E's? That means "excused" Um…. that means they don't count toward or against his grade. However, these are ALL quizzes and homeworks Ben was there for and did. (trust me, some of those fraction worksheets took him over an hour and lots of tears… I KNOW he did them)
WTH? Did the teacher lose them? Why are they excused? Is he just using these as place-markers and will come back later and put the grades in? I will never know (well, at least not until report cards come out) because he DOESN'T ANSWER EMAIL.
AAAAAAAARGH!!! Rant over. It's really a petty complaint, I realize. Ben is doing well and is so happy and this guy is clearly engaging him and a good teacher. From a parent standpoint… just a little frustrating….

No comments:
Post a Comment