Jonathan pooped ON Ben's bedroom floor yesterday. I went upstairs to get Simon up for school, wandered in and lo and behold, there was Jonathan, naked, playing with Ben's basketball scoreboard, and sitting next to a pile of poop.
W.T.H.?
He's always apologetic.
"I don't know what happened. I just can't get to the potty… I'll never figure this out…."
It's getting kind of weird, honestly.
He DOES make it to the bathroom…. about 50% of the time. The other 50%, well… let's just say I am still doing my fair share of pants changing with my 4-1/2-year-old.
I should mention he is 100% good with "number one" and even wears underwear to bed. It's just the POOP we have trouble with.
I'm out of ideas. I've taken things away. He's earned things. I watch for cues. I put him on the toilet on a schedule.
Sometimes he'll go on the toilet and then turn around three hours later and go in his pants. It's like he is never out of poop.
I know the pediatrician will speculate that means his constipated, but I really don't think that's the case. (I feel like he always thinks they're constipated, even when the poop floweth abundantly and freely)
I just… ARGH! So frustrating.
This will end up being the kindergarten clincher! LOL. No way can I send a kid to kindergarten who poops his pants.
P.S. I just realized I have a whole category label for "poop". Yes… we have had our fair share of issues over the years, I suppose. Enough to warrant an entire category of posts, apparently. LOL! ;)
1 comment:
LOL! Hilarious post. OMG. I hope he figures it out fast for your sake, but too funny. Can't wait for my final round of potty training coming up. I hope I can do this with a boy. I'll need some coaching from you.
Post a Comment