So last night was the awards banquet. It did not disappoint. Like every year, the coach said a little something about each and every kid and they were all just so spot-on and well thought out.
I missed video of Simon's because I was focusing on trying to take a picture and it came up faster than I was expecting. It was a funny little bit about how many times he would tell him to use his arms and he'd stop moving his legs.... and his legs and then stop moving his arms but how someday it will come together for him. (trust me, it was cute) And then he got his trophy, which he had LITERALLY been counting down the minutes for.
He didn't even stay with the team on the floor after that, he came running back to the table and spent the rest of the evening polishing the top of it with his dinner napkin.
Ben's was adorable and funny too. I'll put the video here later when I get it off of my phone.
There was a slideshow and special awards. The little girl who swam the five-minute backstroke two strokes at a time got a special determination award. Love love love.
Ben was surprised to get two third place ribbons from the last meet of the regular season with his trophy. We thought he had placed 4th! YAY!
![]() |
| With Coach Doug (blurry pic... I was trying to hurry because people were waiting) |
![]() |
| Most of the 2014 team. A few kids couldn't make it. :) |



No comments:
Post a Comment