Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Potty Training Dropout....

Tried a last-ditch effort to get Jonathan potty-trained in time for school the second week of September. I realize I still have a couple weeks, but at this point, it's not looking good.

He's not mentally ready yet.... seriously, if you ask him "Don't you want to be a big boy like Ben and SImon?" his reply is, "No. I don't care."

What do I even DO with that response?!

So whatever. I'm happy to wait until he's ready. Diapers are easier anyway! I was giving it a go for the sake of his preschool teacher, but whatever. It's SO not worth the stress and tears (for both of us) that it's causing around here.

I'm 30 seconds away if he needs a change at school. I'm sorry in advance, Mrs. Poe. I tried. I really did!

I did realize a little while ago that Simon was JUST trained when he started 3s preschool. That means he was about three years, four months. He perfected the pee part around 3-1/2 and didn't really 100% get the #2 thing until closer to his fourth birthday.  p.s. This late birthday thing is for the birds! Do NOT have a baby in August if you can avoid it! Just keep your legs crossed until 9/1 and then you won't need to worry about nonsense like this.

So it's time to take a deep breath, step back, and wave the white flag on this.

Also, I need a gift idea for my soon-to-be three-year-old. His birthday is Sunday and I seriously keep forgetting this. Poor third child.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We bought Allie a LeapPad and she loves it!