Okay, so updates...
Hrm...
Ben -- has mostly phased out of sharks and has yet to pick a new obsession... waiting anxiously to see what we'll all be living and breathing for the next few months and hoping it's not Metroid. He has become VERY into the old Nintendo game lately. I told Tom to do everything within his power to make sure this does not become the next 24/7 obsession because I HATE the video game phases... gahhhh...
We went to the eye doctor the other day to follow up on his second grade teacher's observation that he couldn't see the board/projector well this past year. As we suspected, he is ready for glasses. We knew it was coming after he had his first appointment three years ago (apparently they can predict these things now with eye measurements), so no surprise, He is super excited to go pick them out!
Simon -- has been super sweet and pleasant lately. I feel sorry for him sometimes because he is often the odd man out when we have playdates. Ben likes to hoard any older kids that come over and he is too old to play with the toddlers. I'm excited for him to make some new friends at school this year that are all his own. I'm also looking forward to him playing soccer in the fall because I think it will do him good to have something that is all his own... he is constantly being dragged to things Ben is doing or interested in. I have toyed with the idea of putting him in the new martial arts school that is right by our house, but not sure if we want one more commitment right now.
Jonathan -- BIG happenings on the talking front in the last two weeks. He has a solid 25 words that he uses every day now, including his newest ones, "Hot" and "Cold". Also, just this week, something clicked and he is repeating most things if you say, "Say, xxxx" And... we got our first multi-word phrase when we were playing with water balloons the other day! H came running in to the mud room, where I was trying to fill them faster than they could break them, tugged at my leg and said, "More blue balloon!" (it sounded like "Mo boo ba-oon.") So things are coming along. We continue with speech therapy because he is still behind at this point. It can't hurt and the teacher has given us lots of ways to encourage him to use words... but I do think it's all going to be fine. :)
OH! And in even bigger news, we broke him of the crib climbing thing and I am STILL shocked that it worked. It's proof that Super Nanny knows what she is talking about. I basically just went in every single time I saw him throw his leg over the side and made him lay back down. (five times the first day at naptime) At the end of his nap, if we went in and he hadn't climbed out, we praised him and clapped and made a huge deal out of it. It only took about two days... and no more climbing! Thank goodness... that was bad times.
So that's where we are lately... :) Summer is flying by and I have a birthday party of some kind to plan soon... how did THAT happen?!
No comments:
Post a Comment