Well, I am proud to say that Ben made it through the full week this year! Hooray! And by day two, he wasn't complaining anymore and was actually excited about what he had done there when I picked him up every day.
He loved all the different activities this year and loved his two counselors. I didn't realize until this year that EVERY actual teacher working there is a teacher from his school. That was nice. There were five of them and three of them knew him, at least in passing. Bonus. It made him feel really comfortable too, which helped a lot.
It's an awesome camp and I would send him again in a heartbeat, but he says he doesn't want to do it again next year even though he had a great time, but we'll see. Maybe we'll find something new and different for next summer.
Here he is with his camp trophy and his "invention". He calls it a Denti-blood-luna and, as far as I can tell, you put shark teeth in the top and it sharpens them and makes them so humans can wear them and be sharks.
Yes, the shark obsession is ebbing some, but still continues...

3 comments:
Awesome! I taught Camp Invention years ago. It's a terrific, knowledge based program :)
And is he still in a booster seat? If so - I adore you. If not, no big deal...but my son (a month younger than Ben) said (to a friend who was teasing him), "Well, I do have an OVERPROTECTIVE mother!" And the way he said mother - like a teenage valley girl. Monster.
OMG yes! He is still in a high-back booster. I'd LOVE for him to still be in a five-point, actually, because I am insane like that, but it was getting to be a bit ridiculous. Most 8-year-olds I know are still at LEAST in a regular booster though, so I don't feel totally neurotic. However, we brought another little boy home with us from school earlier this year and he didn't need to ride in ANYTHING. His mom emailed me and told me not to worry about it because he weighs 65 pounds. Uhh..... yeah. If Ben weighed 65 pounds and was four feet tall, I might be okay with him riding booster-less... but he's only about 45 pounds and definitely not even close to four feet tall. So booster it is... Simon's still in a five-point in our car, booster in my husband's. I'm a carseat nut.... I am... I admit it.
Me, too! Thank god there are a few of "us" in this world!!!
Post a Comment