Haven't updated in awhile... so here's a three-fer! :)
Let's see...
Ben -- Ben started a little one-week camp on Monday at his school run by the gym teacher. It's like little boy heaven. I suppose it's heaven for some little girls too, and there are plenty of them there, but mostly, it looks like little boy heaven. You see, it's the Whittle equipment. Not sure if schools outside of our county have this or not, but it's this massive, room-sized climbing/rope swing/cargo net/monkey bar/gym mat/structure. Ben says they played some organized games, but mostly they are just allowed to go nuts on it the entire three hours. It's his idea of a perfect camp. His quote at the end of yesterday? "There was NOTHING that was boring... NOTHING!" LOL. It helps that a lot of his old neighborhood friends are participating too and a kid or two from his class and some from our pool.
In other Ben news, there is no clear-cut obsession right now. Yes, we are in that heavenly place called "obsession limbo" where we anxiously await what's next. I spend a lot of time trying to keep video games out of the running... HATE the video game obsessions. The science-y ones are way more fun for the rest of us... ;)
Simon -- Simon has truly been the angel-child lately. I don't know what else to say... he's obedient and pleasant. My only issue with him lately has been getting him to clean up his Legos.
He says he will definitely go to the camp Ben is going to when he is old enough (next summer). I have felt bad for him this summer... not old enough to do any of the special things I found for Ben to do and I didn't find anything interesting that just he could do, other than swimming lessons. Speaking of swimming lessons, he made HUGE progress just this past Saturday, which was our last one until fall. He swam halfway across the pool AND stopped to breathe without being reminded. He was pretty proud of himself, and rightly so. I'm pretty sure next summer, I will have two kids ready to take the deep-end test. Not sure I'm ready for that though. It's so easy to watch them in the shallow end! ;)
Jonathan -- Jonathan has been relatively easy lately too.... by Jonathan standards, anyway. Learning some consistent words has definitely cut down on the all out screaming fits. He even woke up in the middle of the night two nights ago, REALLY upset and when Tom went in to help, I heard him say over the monitor that he was cold. Tom covered him up and that was that. WOOHOO!
I think there is possibly some two-year-molar action though because he's been gnawing on his hands like a fiend and sometimes waking up upset and asking for medicine. (by pointing to his bathroom where we keep it) I can't feel anything back there but that doesn't mean anything....
Trying to decide what to get him for his birthday and leaning toward a little Casio full keyboard piano. He really doesn't need any toys, honestly... and I think he would love the piano and maybe eventually learn to play... the other boys might like it too? We'll see... still undecided...
So that's my update. Off to get everyone ready to take Ben to camp and figure out how to spend the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment