Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Measuring Up....

Jonathan had his belated 18-month well-visit today... all looks fantastic, even his ears which I was ever-so-slightly concerned about because a) he has had a cold and b) he jammed that DS stylus in there a few weeks ago. But, thankfully, they are good too. ;)

I was curious to see how much he weighed because he has felt heavier to me lately, but,turns out, he hasn't gained anything since the last time we were there for a sick visit. He's 25 pounds and 32 inches long. (31st and 26th percentiles). As per usual for our kids, his head is enormous at 19.5 inches and in the 86th. HAHAHA... sheesh.

Always fun to compare to big brothers, so here's the lowdown. At 18 months, the other boys were --
Ben -- 23 pounds and 31 inches. (15th percentile and 25th percentile)
Simon -- 28 pounds and is 32 inches long (75th and 26th percentiles)

So he's hanging around right in the middle! Interesting that, at least for now, it looks like he's going to be pretty average height-wise, instead of on the shorter end like Ben... I say that only because Simon holds pretty steady in the 50th range these days and his height is exactly what Simon's was at the same age...) I think the weight difference between J and B is that J actually eats you know, like food... LOL.

The doctor was happy to hear I had looked into the speech thing. Like me, he doesn't think there is anything developmental to be concerned about, but that he definitely, at this point, could use some therapy to get things moving. So YAY! :)

No shots today and we don't have to go back until fall. :)

No comments: