Friday morning, when I got Ben up for school, he looked off. Dark circles under his eyes and pale. He said he felt fine though, so I thought maybe he had just stayed up late after we had gone to bed. I put my hands on his shoulder to sort of prod him into the bathroom to brush his hair and noticed he was warm. 100.6 said the thermometer! What the heck?! He runs kind of warm anyway (99.4 or so is actually a pretty normal temp for him sometimes) so I sent him to go lay down for a half hour and figured I'd check back in. Thirty minutes later, he was still 101. No school. Birthday treat for me! I didn't have to do any dropoffs or pickups! After some Motrin, he was completely fine and he and Simon played all day.
Then, somewhere around 2:00, he wandered upstairs and collapsed onto the couch. Fever was back up. Right behind him came Simon, who also collapsed on the couch. His fever tell is always pink rims under his bottom eyelids... he looked awful. Temp? 101. Seriously?!
I dosed everyone back up with Motrin and tucked them in on the couch with Nick Jr. By the end of the day, Simon was 100% fine with no fever. Ben's continued to come and go all day yesterday. No other symptoms.
I can only figure we picked it up at the park on Wednesday. I think that's the only way they could have possibly gotten sick at the exact same time. Usually it's one or the other bringing something home from school and then giving it to the other, so it's more staggered. Figures. The one day I go out of my way to do something fun after school and they catch something. Stupid germs.
At any rate, it didn't slow anyone down and there were never any other symptoms, so I should be grateful. But SHEESH.
Tom and I were able to go out last night for my birthday. We had dinner at a really nice place downtown and people watched while the St. Patrick's day crowd stumbled by our window seat. I'm glad the fevers didn't get in the way of our date because it had been a LONG time since we had been out alone!
Waiting to see what today will bring. The little one is super cranky. Trying to determine if it's the pointy teeth he's getting still or if he's coming down with what the other two had.
It just never ends!
No comments:
Post a Comment