Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Pageant Day!

Edited to add: Video! The very end cracks me up. ;)


Simon's preschool Christmas pageant was Thursday. After four of these, we have the drill down now and scored front row seats for the third year in a row, thanks to Aunt Debbie's 7:30 arrival at the church. (it started at 9:15) LOL!

Simon was SO excited. He was going to be a king... for the second year in a row. Ben was also a king, although thinking back, he may have been a shiny star his first year. But the king thing seems to be a Graff family tradition. When Jonathan goes through, I'm going to try to convince him to pick the Joseph costume. All the Marys and Josephs get to process in first and stand up there alone for a full song and are up in front the ENTIRE pageant (making for lots of great photo and video ops!). The kings? They come in last and so you really only get to see them sing one or two songs on stage before the whole thing is over and they all walk back out again.

Anyway, so king he was. And he was AWESOME. ;) He sang and danced and smiled. That boy loves the stage and i just so entertaining to watch up there.

This was before everything started. I said, "Simon, go stand on the stage so I can take your picture!" He leapt from his seat... "Okay!!!" Gotta love how different my kids are....


Being a king




During parent paparazzi time after the singing


Classroom party after the pageant


Bad picture.. but here he is with his little gift for me. It was a heart-shaped box, glued shut because it was "full of kisses" he had put there. (cry!) He also made the same little burlap handprint wreath decoration that Ben did when he was four. I have matching ones now!! (although Ben's needs a repair job so I can rehang it... ) Simon takes SUCH pride in his little craft projects. I love it!




No Christmas pageant next year, since Jonathan will only be a 2 and the 2s don't participate. But then the following year, the tradition is back! :) YAY!

1 comment:

K said...

Where IS everyone?? OMG. There were at least three times that many kids on Friday. Egads.