Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2015

Inventor Extraordinaire….

Simon has been going to Camp Invention all week and LOVING every minute of it. I'm thrilled he loves it, because Ben hated it. I had a feeling it would be right up Simon's alley though. He has come home every day inspired to create things, which has been both super cool and rather annoying.

For two days, he has been searching the house for wheels or something to use as wheels and we was asking me every five minutes. He wanted to attach them to a board to make the beginnings of a skateboard/hoverboard. (he also wants a "wind dispenser for it… but anyway…) I was at the hardware store yesterday for some other things and walked by the aisle with the wheels and casters and whatnot… I grabbed a set, a nice-sized board and some screws. He found them on the table when he got home and was SO excited. I helped him with my drill and he put it all together. :)

It has inspired me to find some more little projects we can do together that involve real tools. (in the past, we've gotten kits that involve little nails and wood glue… but he's ready to like *actually* build things now, I think)

I've been saying it since he was two… and I think I was right. He is definitely our little builder/ engineer!


1 comment:

Katie said...

This is great & will likely be his career in the future--- which is a great career to have. Keep it going!