Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2015

Contacts.....

At Ben's eye doctor appointment earlier in the month, he told the doctor he was interested in getting contacts. I was surprised by this... like a LOT. But, Tom had apparently told him contacts would make playing sports so much easier, and he had latched on to that idea and was determined. So she sent us to another doctor for contacts fitting. I was still doubtful he would go through with it... and he was definitely nervous yesterday when we got there.

She put the first one in and he said, "Whoa... everything is in high definition!" when it popped into place, but then he immediately wanted it out. At that point I thought there was no way this was going to work. LOL.

Clearly, I underestimated his determination. After she checked positioning and fit whatnot, she took it out and then took him to a special area of the office to practice putting them in and taking him out.  By the time we were done, he was a pro and completely sold. He was annoyed he could only wear them for four hours yesterday. HA!


So  contacts were a success. Who'd a thought it?! The kid I had to sit on to administer eye drops when he was little! Sticking his finger into his eyeball?!

No comments: