Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Too Awesome for Speech!

Courtney, Jonathan's SLP, came out this morning to finish up his speech assessments. Today's was for articulation.

Even with my hope that he can get support going forward, I had to honestly say I really don't have any speech concerns and haven't for awhile.  His talking is really kind of amazing, especially when you consider where he started.  (see below! This was from January 2012. I can hardly even remember what this was like...)


(btw his fun new word of the week is, "Actually".  I just love hearing him talk and his sweet little voice. It never gets old... entertains me all day long and just makes me laugh! I think I may want to keep him this age forever... sigh...)

So she scored the test while she was here and yeah, no surprise, he passed with flying colors. I'm so proud of my little buddy. He has come SUCH a long way in a short time. :o) As for the ones she did two weeks ago, apparently the normal range is between 85 and 115. He scored something like 105 on one and 115 on the other one. LOL. He's just too awesome to qualify! ;)

So no doubt about it,  we are graduating from speech! YAY!

Courtney comes back in June for a check-in and then will be at the meeting we have to go to in July, but I couldn't help feeling a little little sad when she left today! It's good though. There was a time when I was honestly worried he wouldn't talk... so this really is the BEST possible outcome!

2 comments:

erin said...

YAY! such good news! :)

Erika said...

Woohoo!!!

And I agree "actually" is one of the cutest words newer talkers can use.