Search This Blog

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Future Hallmark Employee...

I was playing around on the computer last night while texting back and forth with a friend when an email popped up from Ben's reading teacher. 

All it said was was:

"Your son is quite the poet! :-)"

My immediate thought (and reply) was:

"Uh oh."

The friend I was texting knows the teacher AND Ben, so I jokingly mentioned I was a little concerned as to what this "poem" might be about. She replied with "There once was lady from Nantucket..."

I shot off another reply to the teacher saying she could NOT leave me hanging like that and that I was waiting for the punchline and PLEASE tell me his poem didn't have anything to do with anyone from Nantucket or anyone's momma being so fat. (remind me to write a post about that last one... just btw...)

She wrote back with this:

"About Family...



Hugs and kisses, loving arms to reach

Kindness and patience always ready to teach

A family is so safe and secure

For any sickness they are the perfect cure



I wouldn’t leave them, even for a bribe

because we are too much like a tribe

Fun-filled games of hide and seek

With crazy aunts and uncles, our family is unique



Quiet time and snuggling up to read a book

On the couch, at the table or in our nook



and there is more, this is what I used in the Biography poem that the kiddos are sharing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I could say was, "Wow!"  

It's so cute! And great! And sentimental! I honestly didn't know Ben had this in him anywhere! 

I also may have teared up. Maybe. Just a little....

He's such an awesome kid. :o)  (and she's an awesome teacher... gah! One of my absolute favorites ever!)

No comments: