Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

India...

Ben has been working on this "cultures" project at school for a month or so. He had gotten himself all worked up about it because there was a presentation at the end with all the parents invited. I have to say, I couldn't blame him. It's the LAST thing I would have wanted to do at his age... or now, for that matter. But, couldn't be helped... so we just encouraged him as best we could. The last couple weeks were tough the closer it got to D-Day because when Ben is anxious, he gets angry. Oh he was a MESS.

Today was the day and I thought for sure I'd have to drag him into school crying... but, he got it together and managed to make it out of the car on his own.

I went up at 10:30 and signed in... didn't really know quite what to expect, but Jonathan and I made our way down to the classroom. The desks had been arranged around the wall and each kid stood behind their "booth". We were given passports and you had to go to each station and get your passport stamped and hear a short speech about their country. Some kids brought food to share... others, like Ben, had money from their country and flags and clothes and things. It was SUPER crazy cute and all the kids did a fantastic job!!!

Jonathan went back and forth from hanging with me to hanging out behind Ben's booth. His friends kept calling him "Mini Ben". LOL!!!

Anyway, Ben did great and he was euphoric when it was over. He spent the first ten minutes back at home (I signed both kids out early since school was closing early anyway for snow) running laps around the living room.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? ;)




1 comment:

beth said...

Yeah Ben, so proud of you!!!!