Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Breakdown...

My friend Beth complained that I hadn't posted a list of links about what the kids are getting for Christmas this year. LOL! I could swear I posted a general summary... but anyway... here goes. :)

Simon has been asking for this Destiny's Bounty Lego set since his birthday. NO I did NOT pay $139 for it. LOL! It was the first present I bought and I got it way back in October for much cheaper! $139... seriously?!

He is also getting:
This cute magic set (my SIL got him one last year? year before? Can't remember... he has played with it so much that he has worn out all but the sturdiest of props!)

These castle blocks (found them on an endcap at Michaels for $29 one day while we were out with the boys and I snuck them into the cart when they weren't paying attention. Simon is going to LOVE these)

He is also getting a box crammed full of pencils, crayons, paper, tape, paper clips, rubber bands, envelopes, index cards, etc... I think I may be most excited about this one. He is going to go bananas! We have art supplies aplenty around here, but he is big into having his very own things and, like me, he LOVES "kits". LOL.

Ben is getting:

This chemistry set. He didn't ask for it, but he was crazy hard to shop for this year and I know he'll love it. It's not something that will get any attention on Christmas morning... but give us a good couple of snow days and it will be a HUGE hit.

Long sleeve Under Amour shirts. THis is literally the only style of shirt he is happy to wear these days. We have a bunch from Target, but they haven't lasted very long. I figured he could use a couple decent ones.

These miniature football pennants.  -- last year's big hit gift was a set of miniature football helmets. He still plays with them every. single. day. These are going to be a winner!

Tabletop football field - (I found a generic, non-team one) It's the cheesiest little thing, but he's really into the paper footballs these days.

Plasma Ball

Minecraft Periodic Elements Table T-Shirt

Both big boys are getting:
Furbies -- like the other things, I got these WAY early at Target before they hiked the price by $30. LOL.

Ravens Dreamlites Pillow Pets (gag... but they were on the lists....)

Possibly the 3DSs... I bought them... but may save them for bdays. They were on sale as part of Amazon's last-minute Christmas push, so I snagged them. But yeah, they may be held for a few months. We'll see how generous Santa is feeling.

Jonathan is getting this dollhouse.   He's getting a couple other little silly things in his stocking... but I kept him to the one thing this year so he wouldn't get overwhelmed... and frankly, with three boys, we own basically every 2-3-year-old age appropriate toy there is.

And lastly, their big shared gift this year is a SMALL air-hockey table. (hence why the DSs might get held off for bdays)

I'm excited for Santa to come!! :) :) :)


2 comments:

K said...

Aww Yay! Glad that Simon actually used the magic set I got him. I never saw it, so I thought that maybe it wasn't such a big hit.

BTW... The Lego tree house that you got big A? Turns out it's her #2 most wanted item this year, after the Dreamlight. Lucky you! :)

beth said...

Thank you, my Christmas is now complete ;)
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas day!