* The ingredients for my laundry detergent came today. Hope to have a minute to mix it all up soon! Krystyna, I bought the Purex crystals to make a batch with those too. I like the idea of soft towels that smell good. ;)
* Simon is home sick. It's his first missed day of kindergarten.
He had complained that his head felt "weird" two days ago when he got home. I asked him if that meant it hurt, he said no, just "weird". Later that night, he asked for some Motrin because he said it hurt. When he woke up yesterday though, he seemed totally fine. I checked his temp just in case and sent him off to school. When I got to go in and observe for American Education week around 2p.m., he was a little out of it. He didn't raise his hand or even read along with the story they were doing. At center time, he was dazed and looked like he was going to fall asleep. The teacher and I decided something must be up, but he didn't feel warm. I offered to take him home but he said, "I just have a cold!" and the teacher said he was fine to stay. However, by the time I came for pickup at 4, he was tanking and QUICKLY. When we got home, he wanted to put jammies on and lay on the couch. I felt his head and he was on fire. *sigh*
Today it mostly seems like a head cold with a cough, and he stayed home, but he's still tired, so we'll see what tomorrow brings, I guess. :(
* Jonathan got into some cake yesterday while I was in the office scanning the boys' school photos.
* The school pictures came home yesterday and were BAD, so bad, so. very. bad. I'm not even posting them here because I'm having them retaken. I just don't understand how those photographers manage to make them SO very bad. All you have to say to Simon is "Smile!" and his eyes get big and his smile lights up his face. His photo looked like he was wincing in pain. Ben's was just bad... I can almost forgive that though because he's a hard kid to take a picture of... he just doesn't smile naturally for photos. So between that and Lifetouch's awkward posing and lack of hair combing, yeah, his is bad too.
I think that's all for now... I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment. The holidays are bearing down on us all already (seriously?!) and I am hosting Thanksgiving this year, which I swore I wouldn't do until I absolutely had to. Turns out, that came sooner than later. So yeah... busy!
3 comments:
Aww. Can't believe you ended up hosting a Thanksgiving after all of my hosting issues this year.
It's not that bad, really... my sister-in-law is doing the turkey, which is the thing I was most dreading.
My mom is helping me a ton too.... still, lots of people. Gah!
My family is the same way-- it really isn't a lot of cooking if everyone brings something, but it is a lot of house to clean & prep & clean up. Good luck. I feel your pain. :) Everyone will have lots of happy Thanksgiving memories at your house though, so yay for that.
Post a Comment