Ben just got recruited at Kennedy Krieger for a study on reading, processing speed, attention, and genetics. He gets a $25 Target gift card for an hour of his time to take a couple reading assessments and to give a swab of his saliva. Tom and I have to give a sample too. It sounds very, very cool! (especially since we are well aware that there is genetic component to the issues we all have around here... LOL!)
So excited! Ben probably won't be as excited initially, but when he gets the gift card he will be!
In other news, I mixed up my laundry detergent today. Laundry day is tomorrow, so I'll put it to the test!
Thanksgiving table is all set (thanks, Mom!). Just have to start cleaning a little and grocery shopping. Amusingly, after being rejected by a McCormick research study screening about Thanksgiving shopping, I got a phone call the other day that they wanted me. Of course, I couldn't do it because I'd already planned other things for the day I had told them I would be available. Bummer. That would have been $50 just to have people shadow me while I shopped!
I wonder if anyone else in our family will get recruited for a study soon? We seem to be on a roll. Jonathan actually has his name in for a bunch at Johns Hopkins that he qualified for because of his speech delay. Just waiting to hear ! LOL!
5 comments:
They called me back from McCormick today! I think they're going shopping with me the week after Thanksgiving.
Weird! I wonder why they decided the rejects were okay after the fact? LOL!
I did that with Claire :-)
I did that with Claire :-)
Post a Comment