Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Half Day....

Simon had a fantastic first mommy-free day yesterday! He came bounding out of the back entrance of the classroom, sticker-clad and smiling.

"What was your favorite thing today?" I asked him on the way to the parking lot.

His answer? "EVERYTHING!!!"

He loved every minute of it, it seems and, later, at dinner, gave us the play-by-play.

The highlights, according to Simon:

* We had a fire drill
* We sat on the rug and mine is the orange square right behind Quinn
* There is a girl named Piper
* I got to eat lunch in the cafeteria and I ate everything!
* I had library and that was so fun!
* We read a book about fire safety and it wasn't funny, just a learning book
* I made a new friend named Ashton!


All in all, a great day and now I am feeling good about the year. I got an update from Mrs. Terry (our librarian friend) a few hours into the school day. Simon had just left her class. She said they were all good and that it's a really cute little class.  Love having insiders to spy on my kids!! ;)

Can't wait for tomorrow... half day, whole class! Wahoo! He wants to be dropped off in the car loop too! :)

ETA: This just in. Mrs. Terry let it slip today that Simon was um... shall we say... a little chatty in library class. LOL!  Not really surprised. He'll figure out the rules eventually though! ;)






1 comment: