Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Wacky Wednesday...

This week is Dr. Seuss's birthday week, in case you haven't encountered that little tidbit in your travels. School sent home a paper last week saying the kids should bring their favorite Dr. Seuss book to school on Monday, but sadly, school was closed. It also said today was a "Surprise Day". I should have guessed what they had in store, but I'm glad I didn't because it was SO much fun being surprised when we arrived today. Incidentally, Ben picked his copy of Wacky Wednesday with him to school. (I figured they'd do whatever Monday activity had been planned today)

We walked in and on the usual entrance (which was locked), was this sign...



We followed the handprints up the stairs, down the hallway, and down a double-top-secret "Wacky" set of stairs into school the back way. All the classroom doorways were covered with silly things, all the teachers were dressed up in funny ways (Ben's teacher had her shirt on backwards). The name cards for Ben's class that they put on the board when they arrive were hidden all over the classroom. The Big Room was AWESOME... they had hung the parachute from the ceiling, as well as all sorts of other silly things... boots, toys, etc. Mittens were stuck to all the cabinets. (I found one of Ben's missing mittens this way! LOL!)





It was all just so cute. And as Ben realized what was going on on the way in, he got more and more excited. Wacky Wednesday is his absolute favorite Dr. Seuss book! I'm sure there were other fun bits of wackiness I didn't get to see, but what I saw was adorable! :) I love preschool! ;)

No comments: