Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday!

Yay for Saturday! Yay for birthday weekends! :D My husband has declared it "The Weekend of Erin", and while I'm normally not a fan of such attention, I do plan on milking that here at home... mostly to avoid doing things I don't want to do and maybe to get out of changing a poopy diaper here and there.

Tom is taking Ben to gymnastics this morning and Simon and I are going to go swing by Walmart to pick up a two-wheeler/training wheel bike for Ben's birthday. I had gone back and forth about when to get the big bike because he mostly only seemed interested in his little hot wheels type bike and "going fast!". But two of his neighborhood playmates both have recently gotten the same 16" two-wheeler/training wheel bike that happens to only be $38.99 at Walmart. He was happily riding around on one of them outside the other day and I asked if we should add a big bike to his birthday list. His eyes lit up. I figure it's probably time for the big bike anyway AND it will curb a few neighborhood tiffs over bike sharing. Plus, I had wanted to wait until I could get one big enough that it would last him lots of years and this is a good size that I know he can handle. So yeah, it's the official "big kid bike" birthday. :D

No idea what we're doing later... wish it weren't so chilly! :(

No comments: