Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Update Dump...

* Ben woke up SCREAMING at the top of his lungs. While this is not particuarly uncommon, this morning it was warranted. The poor child can't breathe through his nose, has a dry cough and his left eye is practically swollen shut. Does anyone know (since the doctor's office isn't open yet) if you can give Benedryl while they still have Zyrtec in their system? And for those of us who have been around us lately, no fear... it's just his allergies. :( Must make that allergist appointment today.

* Which brings me to my second bullet. WHY is it so hard to make appointments of any kind when you have children? I have a list of five appointments to make... some for me, some for Ben, one for Simon... been trying to do it for three weeks now. THat will be today's goal...

* Just since Sunday, Simon has pretty much mastered standing alone. I know I've said this before, but it continually amazes me how one day they seems a million light years away from doing something and the next day, they can be right there in front of you doing it, the whole time looking at you as if to say, "What's with you? It's no big thing!" Anyway, so he's standing and even standing and squatting down to get things... however, he will only do it on his terms. God forbid you try to put him down in a standing position. I see a lot of cries of "I do mahsef!!!" over the next few years.


* Words... you know, I still haven't filled in that blank in the baby book for "first word." For some reason, I find that blank very intimidating. I never know what to call a word. I was confident Simon was saying "brother" the other day, but after that day, he hasn't said it again. So now I find myself second guessing it. I think I have also have heard "hello" a handful of times, as well as a few other things that might be actual words. (possibly - "light", "all done", "that", "have that" "ball" and "bye bye"...??) But I just can't bring myself to fill in the blank. And now I have been watching videos of Ben when he was between 11-13 months and I hear him saying all KINDS of things that I didn't notice were words back then! My solution has just been to create a running 'Maybe' list on the side of the baby book page and when we get a consistent one, that will be it. Am I making this too difficult? I am, aren't I? He also roars when he holds up the lion from his Little People ark... do animal sounds count? ;)

* I got the opportunity to test drive "the puppy" yesterday when my neighbor Beth brought theirs outside. I think it's a go. ;) Simon loved it and I didn't mind the sensitivity thing. He also took a liking to a baby doll one of the little girls had outside, so really, the Cabbage Patch Kid is on his birthday list for a reason. He and Ben BOTH love baby dolls... and he keeps stealing and drooling all over Ben's CBK.

I think that's my brain dump for now... off to go try to fix Ben. He is miserable, though he is currently sipping blueberry tea through a straw. (his request) and watching PBS, so it's temporarily quiet. Ahhhhhhhh....

No comments: