Found this article ... it really needs no further explanation. For those concerned about what we will or will NOT be naming any potential male children and why... Please read.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
..."Exact reproductions of a parent’s name, even followed by a Jr. or II, can be confusing for everyone involved. In addition, on top of it the child never gets the satisfaction of having his own name and therefore an identity all of his own." (See below)
"Phooey on These Juniors"
By Abigail Van Buren (Dear Abby)
Dear Abby: Please print my letter so other mothers won’t make the same mistake I did. After 19 years, I realize the error of naming our son after his father.
When he was a baby, it was no problem we called him Billy and his father was Bill.
When he got older he decided that Billy was too babyish, so he asked us to call him Bill, which wasn’t too bad-we called on Big Bill and the other Little Bill. That worked out fine until Little Bill got bigger than Big Bill.
Now it’s worse. It’s Young Bill and Old Bill and you can imagine how thrilled father is to be Old Bill at 44. Not only that, but their voices are identical, and they are constantly being mistaken for one another on the telephone. Moreover, their mail gets mixed up too.
It’s a pain in the neck. I should have named him Lawrence, like I wanted too. I’ve always loved that name. Phooey on these "Juniors."
Too Late Now
Dear Too Late Now: New mothers take note
No comments:
Post a Comment