Two other questions I hear frequently ...
"Are you going to get the epidural?"
"Are you going to breastfeed?"
Okay, first question. Let's just clear something up.. I don't handle pain well. Ask my dentist,
who, during one of my first visits, announced that he didn't think he could treat me. (apparently I need about 10 times more novacaine than the average patient) For those interested, now that I am caught up with all of my dental "maintenance" Dr. Page and I are on much better terms. (and now I'm pretty sure I'd rather have a tooth filled than be in labor)
As far as labor is concerned, I am still wondering why they don't knock people out anymore. Was there anything so wrong with that?
I think that anyone who has to have contact with me while I'm in labor will benefit from me being as pain-free as medically possible. So the answer is emphatically *YES* I am getting the epidural. Are you insane? I want that thing in a.s.a.p when I get to the hospital.
Of course, I have nothing against people who decide to do it the natural way... (crazy people!) ;)
Second question: NO. I am not going to breastfeed (for many reasons). I am catching a lot of flack about this issue too. Everyone from friends to the guy who fixes the computers at my office seems to have an opinion on this topic.
I know it sounds awful and selfish and horrible, but I'm just not comfortable with it. I hear that it's better for the baby... but Tom and I were both bottlefed babies and we're two of the healthiest people we know. Tom hasn't even had so much as a cold the entire time seven years I've known him!
So there you go... next question please. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment