Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

He Did It!

Ben finally got the first place finish he has wanted so badly. :) He got his shot last night when he swam an AWESOME heat of fly. He came from behind for what looked like a great second place finish, but the kid who was in first DQ'ed (and pretty horribly so… like, actually STOPPED and stood up in the lane… ?! in 11/12?!?)  so first place was all his.  Suffice to say, he was ecstatic.

He also had a third place finish in back, which he wasn't thrilled about, but I think he will be when he sees his time on Friday. I'm pretty sure he beat his record.



Simon was put in free and back (ARGH) and finished 7th and 11th. Have I mentioned he's basically over swim team? LOL. I just signed him up for a robotics camp in two weeks, so I'm excited for him to start something this summer that will give him a self-esteem boost… because swimming kind of knocks it out of him. :(

Three more meets to go, two home and one away. Coming down the homestretch of swim season!

No comments: