First? The biggest news! Jonathan is officially, finally, mercifully, potty trained! Still in Pullups at night, but otherwise? GOOD TO GO! Never thought I'd see the day.
We went to the pumpkin farm with his preschool class yesterday. It was the the same one (though relocated about 15 minutes further away... ) that Simon went to when he was four where we got to pick a bunch of vegetables to bring home. Jonathan was basically done with this after the first turnip.... so we spent a lot of time in the hay wagon waiting for the rest of the class. In his defense, it was super hot out in the middle of that field and also because it had rained HARD the night before, crazy muddy.
We bailed when the hay wagon dumped us back out at the picnic area. He was just done. And so was I. I was SO exhausted when we got home!
Last weekend, we went to the Renn Fest with the boys. They LOVED it. We stayed way longer than Tom thought we'd last.... we watched three shows and an archery demonstration, ate lunch and the boys bought some wooden swords. Ben wants to go back next year and dress up. How fun is that? :)
The boys' swingset came a couple of weeks ago! They love it! We still need to call and get some sand delivered for the sandbox.
Simon has made the most wonderful new little friend who we brought home for a playdate last Friday. He's adorable and fits right in at our house. Then we went to their house after school yesterday for a playdate. He's a lot like my boys (more like Ben than Simon, probably.... but loves to play the computer stuff and doesn't play sports, which is more like Simon) He gets along well with both Ben AND Simon, which is awesome! He lives really close to our house too, so I foresee lots of playdates in the future. Love it!
Simon is doing really well in school.... haven't heard a word from the teacher and no news is generally good news! Turns out, he's a pretty great little speller and, even though they are only required to spell the first ten words, he has been taking it on himself to do the ten challenge words on the tests and doing a great job! I'm really proud of him! He's very happy this year too and wanting to do well... he has confidence he hasn't had before. I love that!
Ben is doing okay.... hanging in there with decent grades. Happy. I'm not so thrilled with fifth grade in general though. It's pretty disappointing after a great year last year. No high expectations.... lack of structure.... I don't know this is true, but the feeling I get as a parent is there is kind of apathy from the fifth grade teachers. I'd like for that to be wrong.... but I have yet to be convinced. To be completely honest, I am sort of wishing we had pulled him and put him somewhere else for this year. :(
Jonathan is loving school these days. Skips in smiling and always super happy when I pick him up. I am THRILLED for such a great year! He's doing well and now that we're good on the potty training front, I'm leaning more and more lately toward sending him to kindergarten next year as opposed to holding him a year.
Not much else going on.... doing the annual pumpkin farm visit with all three boys this weekend! :) So I'll have a new post up sooner than later. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment