I had planned on taking Jonathan soon anyway, but the vision people recommended I take him a.s.a.p.
I had never noticed any eye crossing at ALL, plus, I knew he hadn't been especially cooperative for the screening AND the other two kids had been fine, so I procrastinated a little.... between other commitments and the doctor's busy schedule, we didn't end up going until today.
He did great. Complied with everything they asked him to do. Even handled the eye drops like a pro!
Well, turns out, he is far-sighted! His one eye turns in a bit when he is trying to focus on things that are close. She said it's really mild and that I never would have noticed it until it got worse, (which it would have) and that it was an EXCELLENT catch on the part of the vision screening people.
We left with a prescription for glasses, which she says will correct the problem and he'll eventually grow out of it, hopefully....
I took him out to lunch for being so good and the glasses place was right next door, so we went and and took care of it while we were out. They'll be in next week! He chose little red ones.... super cute! :)
He was mad we couldn't leave with them today, so I think getting him to wear them might not be an issue! Whew!
Seriously though... how cute is this!? He was very serious about the whole thing.... but he was really happy... don't let the lack of smile fool you! ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment