Gah. So busy lately. The end of the school year is sneaking up on me, as is mother's day/Simon's bday (Sunday!) and I have a ton to do.
Let's see....
Ben:
Ben is doing well. Not much to report. He's getting excited for swim season which starts in ONE MONTH! Hooray! He's also excited that it means we can take a break from Saturday lessons for awhile. Those really cramp his style. Even though he has fun once we get there and loves his teacher, he hates stopping what he's doing in the middle of Saturday to go.
He has a writing workshop coming up in his language arts class in a couple weeks that I'm pretty excited to go to. He says math is his favorite class, but language arts is where he has really shined this year. I can't wait to hear what he's written!
Simon:
Simon is doing SO well in school right now. His teacher has nothing but good reports every day. He used to need all kinds of reminders to know where to put his papers. (folders are all color coded by subject for the kids). But now? She says he's reminding all the OTHER kids. Hilarious. She revamped his checklist to reflect what she wants him to focus on right now, which is capitals and punctuation. It only took one checklist for him to get the idea and start checking over his work. Now she is telling me he is doing THAT without reminders too. YAY!
His birthday is coming up and he wants Ninjago and Minecraft stuff. He and Ben got back into their Legos over Spring break and have been living and breathing Ninjago since then. I'm happy to see him playing something other than Minecraft.
Speaking of Minecraft, I am actually SO proud of him with something related to that. He was wanted for MONTHS now to make his own Minecraft server. I'm not exactly sure WHAT this entails, but I gather it means he can host a game of his own and people can log into it. Ya'll.... this kid googled and watched youtube videos NONSTOP for weeks and taught himself how to do this. I watched over his shoulder yesterday as he typed in commands and codes and it's kind of amazing. One of his birthday presents is going to be his own Minecraft account. Right now, he plays on the one I created when we first discovered the game. It's something he has wanted for ages now and I'm SO excited to give it to him.
Jonathan:
Jonathan has had a few very great weeks! He is no longer crying about going to school. His teacher hit upon a great little motivator. She asks him to pick a book from home and bring it to read to the class. He was ALL over this. And since then? No more crying. Mrs. P and I are both kicking ourselves for not thinking of it sooner, although honestly, I'm not even sure it would have worked any sooner. He just seems to have turned a corner in general.
This is not to say we aren't still working on some things. He bit Simon the other day. I thought we were done with that. Apparently not.
Anyway, so all is well. Just busy and non-stop. And yet, I still feel like I get nothing done. I guess such is my life right now!



No comments:
Post a Comment